The True Student...
- never tires of learning. A good student can learn anytime, anywhere.
- must be willing to sacrifice for his art and instructor. An instructor is not a commodity that the student can buy.
- always sets a good example for the lower ranks.
- is always loyal and never criticizes the instructor, the art or the teaching methods.
- practices and attempts to utilize techniques taught by the instructor.
- remembers that his/her conduct outside the kwoon/dojang reflects on the art and the instructor.
- will discard techniques from other schools if the instructor disapproves of them.
- is never disrespectful to the instructor. Though a student may disagree, he/she must follow the instructor.
- is always eager to learn and to ask questions.
- never breaks a trust.